It’s official! I just submitted my registration for the 2016 Colfax Half Marathon in Denver, Colorado! I’m pretty excited to get out there next spring and hit the road in my city! Don’t you want to join me? Here are a few reasons why you should:
- You’ll get to race with me. I mean really — I’m pretty much the coolest Colfax Ambassador there ever was. What could be better than that? If you live in the Denver/Aurora area, you can even go on some training runs with me and some other race fanatics. And you’ll most likely finish with a faster time than I will, so you’ll feel really good about yourself. I could just end the list here, as racing with yours truly should be reason enough to do it, but I’ll be a good sport and add a few extra reasons. Just because.
- You get to run through the Denver Zoo. The Colfax Half Marathon is the only race that runs through the Denver Zoo! Can you imagine the elephants and sheep cheering you on as you run? I promise you, if an elephant trumpets as me as I’m running, I’m going to trumpet right back. Check out the zoo route on this map.
- You can run for charity. I personally plan to run for Special Olympics Colorado. It was tough to decide, but with my background in Special Education and all of my past involvement with Special Olympics, I felt like it was the best match for me right now. I’m happy to be able to support them even though I’ve left the classroom.
- The Colorado Firefighter Calendar models will cheer you on. The race actually travels though a fire station in Aurora, and the super hot firefighters are there to cheer you on at the finish in City Park. You guys know Ryan Gosling is a strong motivator for me, but I think these firemen will do in a pinch. I’m pretty confident that I won’t be walking as I pass by them!! (Like what you see? Take them home with you! In a calendar, of course. Proceeds benefit Childrens Hospital Colorado and Burn Camps Program.)
5. There will be BBQ and beer! In addition to perks like a sweet tech race shirt, a finisher medal, free runner tracking, and race photos, you also get Jim ‘n Nick’s BBQ at the afterparty! And did we say beer? Yep, Michelob Ultra for race participants over 21 to quench that dry throat you’re certain to have after running 13.1 miles.
Have I convinced you yet? YES?!! Great!! Head on over to register today! This race is going to be an AWESOME one, and the price won’t go any lower, so sign up ASAP!
Once you sign up, head over to my Facebook page and leave me a comment! I’d love to be able to cheer you on, even if it’s virtually. And if you’re looking for a running team to train and prepare for the race, let me know! I’d love some more running partners, or I can help you get hooked up with a running club in your area.